What is impinj MultiReader?
Description: Impinj MultiReader Software works with vendor-specific Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) readers that perform tagged inventory and asset management. This software can also manage firmware updates for devices.
How do I connect my Impinj reader?
There are two ways to connect to the Impinj readers and gateways:
- Connecting to the reader or gateway via the Ethernet port. Reader or gateway connected directly to a PC via Ethernet cable.
- Connecting to the reader or gateway via the Console port for configuring the system.
How do I reset my Impinj reader?
Make sure the reader is connected to a proper power supply. Reboot the reader. Perform a factory default reset (Pressing the FDR button for 3 seconds). After the reader has fully rebooted, the power and status LEDs should be green.
How do I change the IP address on my Impinj reader?
Setting a static IP address on Impinj Speedway RAIN RFID reader
- Launch PuTTY.
- In “PuTTY Configuration” screen, follow the appropriate steps depending on which port on the Speedway reader you are connected to:
- Click “Open” button.
- You should get an RShell login prompt.
- Type the following login and password information:
What does rain RFID stand for?
RAdio frequency IdentificatioN
RAIN RFID Technology The word RAIN—an acronym derived from RAdio frequency IdentificatioN—is intended as a nod to the link between UHF RFID and the cloud, where RFID-based data can be stored, managed and shared via the Internet.
What is octane SDK?
The Octane SDK is a development library that support C# and Java applications for Impinj RAIN RFID readers and gateways. The Octane SDK enables a much easier software development experience than the Octane LTK and is highly recommended to be installed and used for your customized RAIN RFID applications.
How do I reset my RFID reader?
- Make sure the IF2 is powered on.
- Using a paper clip, push and hold the reset switch for three seconds. The LEDs on the IF2 flashes.
- Release the reset switch. The IF2 reboots and restores the default configuration.
How do I access Speedway connect?
Once the installation can be verified, Speedway Connect can be accessed by navigating a web browser to the reader’s hostname (https://speedwayr-xx-xx-xx). Please note that the https:// prefix must be present for the reader to differentiate between the reader’s normal Web UI and its Speedway Connect UI.
What’s the difference between RFID and NFC?
The short answer: RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification, a one-way communication method at varying distances. NFC, or Near Field Communication, is a version that allows for two-way communication. NFC is not totally contactless, typically requiring devices to be within a few inches of each other.
How do I reset my fx7500?
Reset to Factory Defaults LED Sequence Holding the reset button for 8 seconds resets the reader to the factory default configuration. All LEDs turn on as usual when you press and hold the reset button.
How do I set up Speedway connect?
Install / Upgrade Impinj Speedway Connect software through the Impinj Management Web UI
- Log in to the reader.
- Click the “Browse” button under the ‘Reader Upgrade’ section and then select the Impinj Speedway Connect software .
- Click the Upgrade button.