How can I sell my old coins?
Here’s how to sell an old 2-rupee coin on Quickr.
- Go to Quickr.com and log in.
- Make a listing for your coin and click, upload pictures of the website.
- Interested and relevant buyers will get in touch with you directly via the details mentioned on the website.
- Negotiate and sell the coin at the highest price offered.
How do I find the value of old coins?
Multiply the weight of the coin by the percentage “fineness” of the coin (the percentage of the coin that is gold or silver). This will establish how much of the precious metal you have to sell. Multiply the result of the first calculation by the current price of the precious metal in the coin.
Is it worth selling old coins?
Yep – cold hard cash. That’s why many people sell their old coins. Some people have inflated ideas about what their collectible or old coins are worth. Many old coins, such as Morgan or Peace silver dollars, Indian and wheat pennies, Buffalo nickels, and Mercury dimes are common and not worth as much as you may think.
Which website is best for selling old coins?
The best places to sell coins online
- eBay. It’s become an unofficial coin marketplace for thousands of sellers from around the world.
- Amazon. The Collectible Coins section is an excellent alternative to eBay.
- Internet Auctions.
- Your website.
What coins are worth a lot of money?
9 of the most valuable coins in the world
- The 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar. picture alliance/Getty Images.
- The 1787 Brasher Doubloon.
- The 1787 Fugio cent.
- The 723 Umayyad Gold Dinar.
- The 1343 Edward III Florin.
- The 1943 Lincoln Head Copper Penny.
- The 2007 $1 Million Canadian Gold Maple Leaf.
- 1913 Liberty Head V Nickel.
How can I sell my old coins on Indiamart?
Step 1: Visit the official website indiamart.com which facilitates buyers and sellers to trade directly. Step 3: Click a picture of your coin, and put it for sale on the website. Step 4: Talk to interested buyers who will contact you. If you have a rare coin, then you have the chance to earn a good amount of money.
Should I sell my old coins or keep them?
A Walking Liberty half dollar will command a greater premium than a Franklin or Kennedy Half Dollar. If choosing which coins to sell, newer coins should be sold first. As stated in the last paragraph, if the bullion value of silver or gold is low, it might be better to keep your 90% silver coins until the price rises.
What can I do with old coins?
What to do with your old coins and banknotes
- 1. Mail them to the Bank of England.
- Exchange them at your bank.
- Take them to the Post Office.
- Sell them to collectors.
- Give them to Charity.
Where can I sell my pennies?
Selling Services Coinworks specialises in Australian coins and banknotes only. And within that market we specialise in certain sectors including Australia’s classic rarities, the 1930 Penny, 1813 Holey Dollar and 1813 Dump, 1852 Adelaide Pounds, Square Pennies 1919 to 1921.
What year coins are worth keeping?
In the Franklin half dollar series, the 1949-S, 1955 and 1956 coins are worth more than silver value. Among the earlier issues (1916-47), only those prior to 1940 are worth more than their silver content, and many dates are worth quite a bit more — such as the 1916, 1917-S obverse, 1921 issues, and 1938-D.
How do I find out what my coins are worth?
Look up your coin according to its date and origin, and you may be able to find its current value….Consult a coin value book.
- The “book” value (a generally accepted value of the coin)
- The “buy” value (what a dealer would pay to buy the coin from you)
- The retail value (what a dealer would sell a coin to a customer for)
What old coins are worth a lot of money?
But an old-fashioned copper penny might be a worth a whole lot more than you realize. The same way that certain 1970 quarters are worth a lot of money, specific one-cent coins can be worth a pretty penny. Copper pennies from 1943 are some of the most valuable coins on the market.
Where is the best place to sell old coins?
The best place to sell your coins online is eBay. The popular website will allow you to sell coins of all kinds. While eBay is best known for allowing individuals to sell goods, such as coins, by auction, you also can sell your coins at a set price through their “buy it now” format.
How to assess the value of the old coins?
Recognize the Different Series of Coins -. Design changes often occur during a minting year.
How to sell my old rare coin?
Part 2 of 2: Getting Buyers Get offers from coin dealers at local coin shops. You should expect to receive an offer that’s lower than the value of the coin by about 20-40%, since dealers Sell at an auction house if you’re selling a large collection. Sell your coins through an online auction. Go to a coin show to learn more and potentially sell your coins.