How do I uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player?
How to uninstall or reinstall Windows Media Player
- Press the Windows key , type Control Panel, and then press Enter .
- Under the Programs section, click Uninstall a program.
Where is my Media Player on Windows 7?
Choose Start→Windows Media Player or Start→All Programs→Windows Media Player.
How do you reset Windows Media Player?
1 Unload WMP – Control Panel, Programs and Features, [left-hand side] Turn Windows features on or off, Media Features, clear Windows Media Player checkbox, Yes, OK, Restart the PC.
Can Windows Media Player be deleted?
However, unlike other programs you can reinstall, you don’t actually need to delete Windows Media Player, nor do you download it from a website when you want to install it. Instead, just disable Windows Media Player within the Windows Features utility to remove it, or enable it to add it back to your computer.
How do I uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7?
How To Uninstall Windows Media Player In Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Go to Control panel -> Programs -> Program and Features.
- Click on “Uninstall a Program“.
- On the top left side of open window, Choose “Turn Windows Features On or Off“.
- Unchecked the option “Windows Media Player” to uninstall Windows Media Player.
How do I get Windows Media Player to work?
If you want to reinstall Windows Media Player, try the following:
- Click the Start button, type features, and select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down and expand Media Features, clear the Windows Media Player check box, and click OK.
- Restart your device.
- Repeat step 1.
Why does my Windows Media Player not work?
If Windows Media Player stopped working correctly after the latest updates from Windows Update, you can verify that the updates are the problem by using System Restore. To do this: Select the Start button, and then type system restore. Then run the system restore process.
Why is my Windows Media Player not responding?
It may be worth trying to reset Windows Media Player as follows. Click the Start Menu and select Control Panel. Open Programs and Features, Click ‘Turn Windows features on or off’, open up Media Features and untick Windows Media Player. Click Yes then OK and then restart the notebook.