How do I turn on search tools in Outlook 2010?
If you want to change this you can go to “Search Tools” and then “Search Options”. Here I can see the Outlook stores that are being indexed by Windows Search. I can also change the setting of the search results. Here I can include results from the current folder or all folders.
Where is the search option in Outlook 2010?
On the File tab, click the Options to bring up the Outlook Options window. See it below: 2. In Outlook Options window, the Search command is listed at the left pane.
How do I fix the search in Outlook 2010?
- Close Outlook completely.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off.
- Make sure there’s a check mark on the Indexing Service check box and then hit OK.
- Open Outlook again & check if the search bar is working.
How do I create a search folder in Outlook 2010?
How To Create and Use Search Folders in Outlook 2010
- Right-click Search Folders in the account that you’d like to apply the search to and click New Search Folder….
- Choose the Criteria for your Search Folder and click OK.
- Click OK when you’re done setting up your Search Folder and its criteria.
How do I get my search back in Outlook?
To do so, right-click any of the tabs in the ribbon, and then select “Customize the Ribbon” once again. Change the “Main Tabs” dropdown to “All Tabs.” Scroll down to “Search Tools,” uncheck “Search,” and then click “OK.” Now, whenever you click in the Search box, a second Search tab won’t appear.
How do I get my search function back in Outlook?
How to add the missing Search ribbon in Outlook
- Step 1: Open the Options window. In Outlook, click File -> Options.
- Step 2: Go to Customize Ribbon and select Tool Tabs and Main Tabs.
- Step 3: Add Search Tools to Main Tabs.
- Step 4: Click OK.
- Step 5: Use the Search ribbon to refine your search.
How do I search my inbox in Outlook?
To find email in Outlook, open the mail folder within which to look for the email, like the “Inbox” folder. Then click either into the “Instant Search” field in the mail folder’s header pane above the list of emails or into the “Microsoft Search” bar in the middle of the Title Bar, depending on your Outlook version.
How do I fix Outlook search problems?
Open Outlook. Click File > Options, and then select Search. Clear the Improve search speed by limiting the number of results shown checkbox, and click OK. Restart Outlook.
How do I speed up Outlook 2010?
Increase Indexing Process in Outlook 2010
- Step 1: Rebuild the indexing: Follow the steps mentioned to rebuild indexing in Outlook 2010:
- Step 2: Repair PST file: If rebuilding does not fix the issue then repair the PST file:
- Step 3: Create a new profile and check:
How do I search all folders in Outlook 2020?
Open Outlook and then click on Tools and then navigate to Options. Within Options, click on the Search Options button, which is found under the Preferences tab. In the Search Options, go down to where it says Instant Search Pane, and select the option underneath that says All Folders, and then click OK.
Can Outlook no longer search?
If Outlook is not searching all of your email correctly, you can rebuild the Outlook search index to fix this:
- Click on File then Options.
- Select Search on the left then click Indexing Options.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Rebuild button.