How do I access Master Category list in Outlook?
To build the new Category list in Outlook, right click on the top of the mailbox and choose Properties. Here you’ll see a button called “Upgrade to Color Categories…”. When you press this button, Outlook will look through the entire mailbox for Categories and when found, it will add them to the Master Category List.
How do I manage categories in Outlook calendar?
Right-click an appointment in your Outlook Calendar or right-click a task in your Outlook To-Do List. Select Categorize. If you’d rather use the menu, go to Home and, in the Tags group, select Categorize. Choose a color category to apply it to the email.
How do I print a list of categories in Outlook 2010?
When you’re ready to print your Family (categorized) contacts, you’ll need to change the view as follows:
- Click the View tab.
- Choose Change View in the Current View group, and click Family (Figure F).
- Click the File tab and choose Print.
- Adjust the style and options.
- Click Print.
Why have my categories disappeared in Outlook?
Open Outlook, click File > Account Settings > Account Settings. 2. Click Change and confirm if Use Cached Exchange Mode is checked.
Why can’t I rename categories in Outlook?
Even if you have Owner permissions to the Calendar folder of the user who is sharing folders, the Rename button is always disabled in the Color Categories dialog box for someone other than the mailbox owner. Because of this, only the mailbox owner can rename a category displayed in the Color Categories dialog box.
How do you effectively use categories in Outlook?
- Select an email message or calendar event and right-click.
- From the Categorize menu, select New category.
- Type a name for your category, and then, if you want, choose a color by clicking the category icon.
- Press Enter. The category is created and applied to the items you’ve selected.
How do I use contact categories in Outlook?
To categorize your Contacts:
- In Outlook, go to your Contacts section.
- Select the individual Contacts you would like to put in a particular category by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the entries you want.
- To categorize, from the Home tab (Outlook 2010) or the Edit menu (Outlook 2007), click Categorize.
How do I get more category colors in Outlook?
Change a category color in Outlook
- Click the Categorize button and choose All Categories. The Color Categories dialog box appears.
- Click the category to which you want to assign a new color. The category you select is highlighted.
- Click the Color button.
- Click the color you want to assign.
- Click OK.
Why can’t I see color categories in Outlook?
Add Color categories to emails in Outlook If the Categorize option doesn’t show up by the right click, then select the particular mail folder, and under the tags section, click on Categorize option. Select the color. So, this is how you can categorize your items on Outlook.
How do I get my Outlook categories back?
- Open your Notes folder (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+5).
- Drag & drop the Categories.
- If you were to select the Note and look at your All Categories list now, you’ll see that the Categories which need to be restored are marked with; Not in Master Category List.
Why are categories on the master list in outlook?
When the categories are on the master list it’s easier for the users to select the right category to their items, although it’s even easier to use a custom form that lists the categories users should choose from. For more information on using the Master Category list, see Outlook Categories and Color Categories
Is there a import / export master category in outlook?
Outlook doesn’t have import/export Master Category feature so you can easily share custom categories with others, other than by exporting the registry and overwriting the registry entry on the other computers.
When do you need a master category list?
These categories can be searched or filtered on, they just aren’t listed in the master list. The only time using a standardized Master Category list makes sense is if your company uses a lot of custom categories.