Are there any good movies about George Washington?
The Crossing Jeff Daniels portrays George Washington in this Emmy-nominated television film produced by A&E. The film depicts Washington’s daring cross of the Delaware River. The film won a Peabody Award for excellence and is considered mostly historically accurate.
What is considered the best war movie ever made?
The 10 Best War Movies of All Time
- Platoon (1986)
- The Thin Red Line (1998)
- Inglorious Basterds (2009)
- 1917 (2019)
- Dunkirk (2017)
- Schindler’s List (1993)
- Full Metal Jacket (1987)
- The Hurt Locker (2008)
Has there ever been a movie about George Washington?
George Washington is a 1984 American television miniseries directed by Buzz Kulik. The miniseries, released in three parts, chronicles the life of George Washington, the first president of the United States from the age of 11 to the age of 51. George Washington is based on the biography by James Thomas Flexner.
What war films are based on true stories?
The 10 Best War Movies Based on True Stories and Events
- We Were Soldiers (2002)
- Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
- Valkyrie (2008)
- American Sniper (2014)
- The Imitation Game (2014)
- Unbroken (2014)
- The Pianist (2002)
- A Bridge Too Far (1977)
Are there any good movies about the Revolutionary War?
Top 10 Revolutionary War Movies
- 1 // John Adams – 2008. Paul Giamatti.
- 2 // April Morning – 1988. Tommy Lee Jones, Chad Lowe.
- 4 // Drums Along the Mohawk – 1939.
- 5 // Johnny Tremain – 1957.
- 6 // The Crossing – 2003.
- 7 // All For Liberty – 2009.
- 8 // The Devil’s Disciple – 1959.
- 9 // The Scarlet Coat – 1955.
What started the Revolutionary War?
The American Revolution was principally caused by colonial opposition to British attempts to impose greater control over the colonies and to make them repay the crown for its defense of them during the French and Indian War (1754–63).
What was the greatest military of all time?
Here are some of the most powerful armies in history.
- The Roman Army: The Roman Army famously conquered the Western world over a period of a few hundred years.
- The Mongol Army.
- Ottoman Army.
- Nazi German Army.
- The Soviet Army.
- United States.